Friday, December 4, 2009

Freezer Burn Run this Sunday

Date: December 6, 2009

Time: 10:00am

Location: Frenchtown High School Parking Lot

"To motivate, encourage and support people of all ages in Missoula and surrounding areas to keep moving despite the fading good weather"

More info HERE

I wish I supported the Missoula running community more. It seems like a solid group of folks. Truth be told I really only do one run a year......The Freezer Burn. Steve Gaskill and company do a great job putting on this catchy event. I love his quote. Here in Montana we are deep in the shoulder season. The skiing is not that great, and it's too cold to bike......so what do you do?

THE FREEZER BURN

Last year there was an epic battle at the back....

It started with Doug Dale walking down the hill at mile 10. Soon after that his Uncle and Ms. Jen Luebke stormed by him. Dale begged Jen for a gel. Then the worse hit poor Dale. Right at the finish line I came up on him looking worse then I did at the 2009 OSCR. We crossed the line together......two beat up human beings that had no place being out there. Another memory I have is seeing Ice and Halp laying in the grass 5 minutes before the start to hung over to move.

No comments:

Google