ROLLING THUNDER CYCLOCROSS RACE

November 1st and 2nd

Rolling Thunder Cyclocross Race November 1st and 2nd

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A New Feeling

Usually, this time of year is reserved for early nordic adventures, ski touring, and hot drinks.


With Cyclocross Nationals being in Bend, OR I figured I had to go. Knowing myself I thought racing motivation would be gone and the trip would be "one more race," filled with drinking beer and catching up with friends.

I was wrong. Since the Helena Cyclocross race I have been obsessed. Each week I become more focused on the race. I love racing and riding bikes, but never before have I been so motivated on one event. I've watched the course video a dozen times. I look at the registered rider list every other day. Everyone I talk to I pick their brain on training and equipment. What started as a half hazard fun time, has turned into a personal vision quest.

Why? I don't really know. Some things just strike a cord with people. Maybe it's because Montana is a small cross market and nationals is the closest thing to a scene vs. scene rivalry. Whatever the reason, I'm motivated and ready to rep MT at Nationals.

I may not come home with the podium but I will be giving it all I got repping the Rolling Thunder Crew, Team MTcx.com, and most importantly Cyclocross in Montana.
Stay tuned as I get some other MT racers opinions on the up coming races.

Everybody's Working for the Weekend....

No comments:

Google