ROLLING THUNDER CYCLOCROSS RACE

November 1st and 2nd

Rolling Thunder Cyclocross Race November 1st and 2nd

Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekend Magic

Is this weekend really it?

I can feel it in the air. From Besseti's ride plans to everyone swapping emails and posting on blogs. The road training is beginning. Folks are going to bike shops and looking at their rigs again. I bet you each 11am ride this weekend has 15 riders. Once the weather starts touching the 40's cyclist start riding.

I'll be honest, I don't really know how I feel about it this year. Back when I raced collegiate these times were like Christmas. I'd train solo just waiting for the day I could ride with folks and show them what I'd been working on.

I'm sure those folks going to Valley of the Sun are super happy to have decent weather and fun riding companions. For me, I just don't know. Frozen Flatlands will be my first race and that's in early April. Next weekend is off to Steven's Pass for our annual bc ski weekend. Then a little later is the Hhhhhhoran Agressive Anaconda Weekend. There are still lots of winter activities to be had. Shreddiing pow, and hacking up the skate skis.....

One thing is for sure the race season has arrived in Missoula. People are buying bikes and talking racing. You can't deny the buzz on the streetzzz.

I wonder if Marzullo is training this weekend.....

No comments:

Google