Missoula Cyclocross Clinic

Don't forget about the Missoula Cyclocross Clinic on August 27th at Marshall Mountain. Free of charge and after work, starting at 5:45pm. All abilities welcome.

Thunder Poster

Thunder Poster

Friday, August 1, 2008

Homestake XC - Full Report/Results - Flurry Curry

John Curry:

The pro/expert field was pretty tiny, just me Frank, Alex, Brad, and John Coulthard. Alex took off fast and led for a while. Eventually I surged around him and Frank followed and the two of us built a gap. I continued to lead for half the first lap with Frank on my wheel. I kept attacking Frank but he always fought back onto my wheel. Going into the longest climb he came around me and set a mean tempo that eventually put me into the red and I had to back off or totally blow. I watched him power away and rode the rest of the race solo. Frank absolutley killed it and put about 5 minutes on me by the end. Alex rode strong and finished 3rd not too far behind me. Frank will be racing the semi-pro field down at the NMBS finals in Brain Head in a month. All I can say is watch out!

In the Men's Sport, Sebastian took the win just ahead of Tomas. I'm not sure about 3rd. The men's field was still pretty small at maybe 15 or so.

There were a handful of women racers. Michelle Richardson was there and rode really strong and took the win just ahead of Lisa. Lisa had some good pre-race drama. Her frame cracked on her pre-ride lap and she scrambled to borrow a bike right before the start. She ended up on a 5 in travel trail bike owned by a Bob Waggoner who happended to have the same pedals and a similar inseam. Thanks Bob! Unfortunatley for Lisa both the front and rear suspension were locked out the whole race so Lisa got all the disadvantages of the heavy bike without any of the cush! Anyway, she was happy just to be able to race. Michelle looks to be some good competition for Lisa in the coming races.


RESULTS

Frank GGGGGGG (3 mtb wins!)
Flurry
Lussier
Bad Brad
John Coulthard

Sport
Sebastian
Thomas
Gates
Schoenfelder
Ellefson
Landl
Mackenzie
Warner
Schoening
Cambell
Cunkelman
Parks
Veis
Finley
McDonough
Brown
Veis
Smith
Stannard

Beginner
Schoenfelder
Wright
Warner

Beginner Junior
Schoenfelder
Clayton

Women
LC

Sport
MRich
Smith
Landl
Thomas
Brown
Pendergrast

Beginner
Fritz
Klapan
Stimatz
Petritz

Beginner Junior
Brown

No comments:

Google