Saturday, March 29, 2008

Seattle boy McKissick shines at Criterium International

The early morning breakaway almost never suceeds.  However, in today's opener of Criterium International Rabobanks's Ten Dam made one stick.  He attacked after 2k and was joined by Seattle's Ian McKissick.  The former Recycled Cycle standout powered the breakaway and claimed the mountains jersey.  With 23k to go McKissick sat up and Ten Dam powered on.  He took the victory, holding the peleton off by 10 seconds.  They say that the peleton put so much into the chase it splintered the field and created smaller less effective chase groups.  The front split of 30 or so riders finished way up on the field.  Luckily it contained D. Millar and the Schleck bros.


I watched McKissick race two years ago at the Washington State Omnium Championships.  I saw him in the night crit.  He was impressive then and he's impressive now.  

That's a bummer about the Missoula T Race #2 being cancelled.  I guess Frozen Flatlands will be the next big thing.  I've heard rumors of a big Missoula crowd attending.  I'll be sharing my thoughts on the race all week.  I raced it last year and was impressed with both days.  It should be good.

No comments:

Google