Friday, November 30, 2007

It's been awhile/This weekend USGP Portland

It's been awhile since my last post. I slipped into a depression after the MT championships. Nothing to think about accept school and work........................

I haven't been riding or anything for that matter. The snow hit the valley, and I've been in shock ever since. We've got a ski trip planned for Saturday, so hopefully that will snap my funk.

Portland GP's are this weekend. Portland and cross is what it's all about. The mud shakes things up. Watch out for Tim Johnson. Trebon says his mudding skills have improved, but Johnson is hard to beat on a technical course. My pick is Johnson and Trebon split wins. Watch out for Todd Wells. I wouldn't be surprised if he took a win. The ladies race is easy to predict. Velonews is saying Katie Compton will struggle in the mud like last year's race. This year is different. She will easily win both days, with Lynn Bessette and Gould battling for second. In the u23 category Jamey Driscoll will win both days. Summerhill and Selander are both strong riders, but I like Driscoll in the mud. In the juniors race I gotta pick Steve Fisher. My hometown Rad Racing team is a dynasty, and Steve is the best junior.

Some good news from earlier this week. Northern Rockies Cycling Team got approved to host the Rocky Mountain Roubaix. I will be the promoter. I'm excited to be part of a long standing Missoula tradition. Next year's road season is going to be nasty. NRO and FVV are both stepping their games up. We've got Josh Tack, and Bob Presta next season. While FVV should upgrade a bunch of guys to the 1,2,3 race, and also contend with Seeley and Kier. Defending champs GAS will of course be the team to beat. With Curry and Lussier having good cross seasons, watch out. Also, Thomas and strongman Brad Morgan in the crits. Montana Velo came on strong last year. Frank's dominant cross performances this year make MV even scarier. Scott and Kiefer are killers. It will be a competitive road season for sure.
Stay tuned........

No comments:

Google