Thunder Poster

Thunder Poster

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Missoula Wednesday Night Cross

The Missoula Cross Series is finally here!

The first race in the series was designed by Team Stampede's Jeff Cincoski. It was a technical course with 3 dismounts per lap and plenty of things to hop and ride over. The A race started off fast. Phil Grove, Toby Meirerbachtol, Dave Hartman, and Tom Roberston immediately took the hole shot. I was in fifth trying to stay on Tom's wheel. As we entered the "S" corners the four leaders started to pull away from me. I looked back and saw Mike McDonald, Bill Martin, and Ellliot Basset. I knew that group would catch, so I tried to stay calm and limit my losses. Eventually, all three guys passed me and I ended up in 7th. Phil road away from Dave for the victory, and Toby took and impressive third. Going in to the bigger Montana races it looks like Phil will be the favorite. In the women's race Heidi Gaskill made here cross deput and took a dominant victory. She was followed by her sister, Megan. Anna Clark rounded out the top three. Butte is this weekend. Next week's Missoula course will be setup by Toby. It should be a good one. Hopefully Doug can stay on his bike.

No comments:

Google