Missoula Cyclocross Clinic

Don't forget about the Missoula Cyclocross Clinic on August 27th at Marshall Mountain. Free of charge and after work, starting at 5:45pm. All abilities welcome.

Thunder Poster

Thunder Poster

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Missoula Wednesday Night Cross #2

Well, unfortunately I did not make stop number two of the Missoula Cross Series. On my ride to the race my fork completely snapped in half. I flew over the bars and banged up my shoulder. I've heard several race reports so far, so I'll try to summarize. First off, Doug "Dale" Shryock won the race. After being a part of course setup I know it favored a powerful rider like Doug of Phil. Dave stayed consistent and placed second. Two seconds in a row for Dave. Bill Martin, the winner of the Montana mountain bike series snuck up on to the podium for third ahead of Toby. Speaking of Toby he did a great job setting up the course for this race. I've heard great reports from everyone. Brink Kuchnebrod (sp), and Mike McDonald rounded out the top five. I've heard early reports of an epic battle between Ben Horan and Elliot Bassette for 6th and 6th. I wish I could have seen that! Heidi Gaskill once again took the women's race. It looks like she will be hard to beat this season. Nice job to everyone.

Butte is on Sunday. Look for the race report and photos on Monday.

No comments:

Google